Pat Michaels and Paul C. “Chip” Knappenberger have written another disinformation blurb for the anti-science blog of Anthony Watts, WUWT. This time it's about BAMS State of the Climate 2012 report (it must be popular and can be a bit slow downloading. I have copied some of the highlights here.)
Pat 'n Chip complain that the science is settled
The report is very extensive (239 pp). (It has eight pages, two-columns each in small type listing all the authors.) Yet Pat 'n Chip dismiss it as "nothing new here"! How ignorant does that make them look? Typical of the bottom 8% dismissive group of illiterati!
(What they are effectively saying/complaining about is that much of the science is settled.)
Pat 'n Chips have become lazy and just put links instead of regurgitating their denialist tripe. Well, I can play that game too. I haven't been at this blog nearly as long as Pat 'n Chips have been protesting climate science. But I've a small collection.
- Pat Michaels is full of crap (again)
- Anthony Watts' Next Trick is to Disappear the Data - or Laughing at Pat Michaels
- Recycling Pat 'n Chip disinformation on WUWT brings out denier weirdness
- Making a meal of Pat 'n Chip on WUWT ...or...Don't shoot the messenger
Here are just a few of the many rebuttals of Pat 'n Chip from Tamino:
- Chip’s Cherries
- USA48 - He (Chip of Pat 'n Chips) starts by showing only data through 1997, dropping the hot years which followed, and claiming...
- Best Case Scenario - ...which proves one thing: that Knappenberger doesn’t get it. In more than one way.
Now a few from SkepticalScience:
- Patrick Michaels: Cato's Climate Expert Has History Of Getting It Wrong
- Climate Misinformer: Patrick Michaels
- Patrick Michaels' 1992 claims versus the 2012 reality
- Patrick Michaels: Serial Deleter of Inconvenient Data
- Patrick Michaels Continues to Distort Hansen 1988, Part 1
- Patrick Michaels Continues to Distort Hansen 1988, Part 2
There's lots more documentation of the shenanigans of serial disinformers Pat 'n Chip. One or other will pop up in all sorts of places.
From the WUWT comments:
noaaprogrammer doesn't know this is a new report prepared by AMS not the NOAA. Not only that but the poor thing is looking for a conspiracy:
August 7, 2013 at 7:57 pm Is there a traceable memo from the Whitehouse to NOAA urging or suggesting that they re-issue this “State of the Climate 2012” report? Who might be an investigative reporter that isn’t an AGW believer that could do this?
August 7, 2013 at 9:59 pm Yep, Paddy and Chip. They really should start being a bit more imaginative; make some stuff up – then we could pick them up on it and get some media attention