What I was watching for, was to see how or if Anthony Watts would deal with the latest extreme weather event - Hurricane Patricia. This hurricane is the most intense on record - as a hurricane. And the most fierce tropical cyclone ever recorded in the western hemisphere.
Well, Anthony still can't bring himself to write about it. That's bad enough for someone who passes himself off as a meteorologist (unqualified), and who lives in North America. It's not just Mexico that's suffering under Hurricane Patricia. The effects will be felt right through to Texas and other US states.
Instead he did the unbelievable - even for a science-denying climate conspiracy blog.
Gloating that cylones are hitting everywhere but the USA
What Anthony did do, which surprised even me, was write a lengthy article (archived here) about how, as he puts it, it's been ten years since a Category 3 or greater hurricane has hit the USA. I believe what he means is it's been ten years since a Category 3 or greater hurricane hit the USA while still a Cat 3 or greater. That's in case you're wondering if Anthony forgot about the worst storm to hit the USA in recent years - Superstorm Sandy. But that's not the point I want to make.
Can you imagine an article on a climate blog that is in poorer taste as far as timing goes? Even a climate conspiracy blog? While Mexico is being pounded by Hurricane Patricia, While the Philippines has yet to recover from Typhoon Koppu, Anthony Watts is gloating that it isn't happening on US land?
He doesn't even mention Patricia in his article. Nor did he write anything about Koppu last week. He's not just in denial - he's lacking any empathy for his fellow human beings.
There are no comments yet at WUWT. Will his readers condemn him for this? Probably most won't.
- Stunning, Historic, Mind-Boggling, and Catastrophic: Hurricane Patricia Hits 200 mph - Jeff Masters
- Category 5 Hurricane Patricia Hitting Mexico's Pacific Coast - Jeff Masters
- A new record set: Twin typhoons in the Pacific: Koppu (Lando) and Champi - HotWhopper
- WUWT's Bob Tisdale and Hurricane Joaquin - HotWhopper
- Hurricane Patricia - stronger than Haiyan - HotWhopper
- Ignorance & callous indifference from Anthony Watts for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan, just to protest global warming! - HotWhopper