I was going to add this in reply to a comment from Kip Hansen but since it's a pointer to just a few of the ongoing science scams and lies from his fellow crooks, it's worth an article. Kip Hansen, in a fit of denier weirdness, regards it as a badge of honour to have his nonsense ridiculed. Kip seems to think that his fellow climate science denying conspiracy theorists are the "best company in the world".
Kip said I didn't understand his denial but, as is common with deniers, (and unlike yours truly) doesn't say where he thinks I was wrong. Do I need to point out that it's Kip and the immoral, heinous crowd he hangs out with who either don't understand climate science or knowingly lie about it? It's Kip Hansen who is an anti-future activist who rejects 97% plus of two centuries of science.
This is what is happening, while the Kip Hansen's of the world strongly agitate for more heat waves, floods, wildfires, droughts, civil unrest, famine, and worse:
|Figure 1 | Global mean surface temperature change of the past 165 years. Data source: UK Met Office.|
And this is where we are heading:
|Figure 2 | Global surface temperature of the past 20,000 years and the likely future. The temperature reconstruction of Shakun et al (green – shifted manually by 0.25 degrees), of Marcott et al (blue), combined with the instrumental period data from HadCRUT4 (red) and the model average of IPCC projections for the A1B scenario up to 2100 (orange). Source: Jos Hagelaars with my annotations|
- Denier Don Easterbrook, who makes out the world is as cold as the summit of the ice sheet in Greenland
- David "funny sunny" Archibald, who predicts an ice age will cometh by 2020
- Anthony "turn tail and run" Watts, who, despite claiming expertise in surface stations, can't read a simple temperature chart and thinks global warming is caused by Russian steampipes and that 2005 or so was the "the top of a sine wave" and there'd soon be "some cooling"
- Scammers Jo 'Nova" and her rocket scientist from Luna Park, who've been promising a Force X with a Notch for quite a long time, but have so far failed to deliver
- Judith "I'm a Denier and Proud of It" Curry, who turned her back on science a few years ago
- Roy Spencer and John Christy who fudge temperature charts to pretend it's not warming as much as it is
- Various wannabes who absurdly predict an ice age is comething
- Professional science disinformer Marc Morano, who compares mitigation of climate change to Aztec sacrifices to their gods
- Paul "bring back smog" Driessen, who complains that deniers are vilified (what does he expect?)
- Uber-conspiracy nutter Tim Ball, who calls on Hitler and Osama bin Laden in support of his denial...
...and any number of other cranks, charlatans and professional liars who want the world to burn. Kip is probably yearning to have his moment of inglory in the (maybe) impending Climate Trials.