I'm starting to think I might be able to take a break from denier watching. Anthony Watts has gone from his normal ridiculous to stark staring mad. Is it the heat getting to him? Has the word gone out that too many fake sceptics are saying stuff like:
"We don't dispute that it's warming. We don't dispute that CO2 is causing it. We just dispute that it will be harmful."Has someone who deniers look up to said "enough is enough, you're starting to act like alarmists". Or maybe this is the last hurrah of the denialiati.
Just recently Anthony Watts has posted articles:
- Denying ozone science
- Claiming Antarctic warming is because of "waste heat from the little warm pockets of humanity"
- Claiming that seas won't rise when the ice sheets melt
- Claiming that starting this year (when we've just had the hottest August on record) the Earth is going to enter an ice age (he posted this letter from Bob Carter)
- Complaining that GISS (and NOAA/NCDC) make teeny tiny corrections when they update temperature data sets
- Complaining that public awareness videos from the World Meteorological Organisation are "fake"
Today I even found myself tweeting to one of those utter nutter deniers. He claimed that the papers that Cook13 identified that acknowledge that humans are causing global warming are only 0.3% of papers and the rest he presumably thinks dispute the science. Doing the sums what he's arguing is that somehow in the literature search, John Cook and his colleagues missed out on finding 1,294,770 papers that dispute human-caused warming. So it could be me that's going nuts. Who in their right mind would tweet to someone as weird as that?