You might have noticed a comment by Matt Manos the other day. He was about the only person who understood what President Obama was saying, when Eric "eugenics" Worrall wrote his silly article. Matt spoiled it by swerving off into an utter nutter conspiracy.
Matt Manos' "sheeple" conspiracy theory
- incapable of thinking for themselves
- brainwashed by some unseen, unknown higher power
- in thrall or in fear of authority (variously experts, government officials, common sense)
Obama and the Pope are examples of bellwethers; the sheep with the bell that the other sheep follow.
Appeal to authority
Penetrating rational ignorance is tough because the position warmists have taken isn’t based on logic. Their position is actually based on an appeal to authority.
- We're heading for an ice age, or maybe a little ice age very big huge humungous "bounce"!
- Global warming is happening and it's caused by Russian steampipes
- Ice won't melt when it gets hot
- OMG it's insects
I spent 25 years as an on-air TV meteorologist and have earned both the American Meteorological Society and National Weather Association Seals of Approval.It seems Karl Spring doesn't forecast physical phenomenon. He doesn't forecast weather. No. What he's doing, according to him, is forecasting God. He wrote:
Finally, if God made our planet in seven days, do you really think he can’t raise or lower the temperature a degree or two if he wants? I’ve never heard a “scientist” bring that up. But I will.