At the turn of the year some people make New Year's resolutions, others look back on the year just gone, while others (or the same people) make predictions for the year ahead. I was reminded of this when I read an article on the ABC, about how many predictions are wrong. It didn't discuss the ones that were right.
So here are some predictions in black and white, so you can look back at the end of this year and see what a bad predictor I am :)
This year, there will be:
- At least one article at WUWT predicting an "ice age cometh"
- No articles at WUWT looking at all the failed predictions of deniers
Nary a peep about Force X and the Notch at Jo Nova's (unless it's from a reader)As William Connolley reports - already failed!
- Several articles and many more comments on denier blogs about how the poor need coal to better themselves
- At least one more person banned from HotWhopper, who will end up sending a stream of increasingly incoherent and abusive one-liners (that you probably won't get to read, so that one will be hard to prove one way or another)
- At least one article written by Anthony Watts himself, of equal or greater absurdity to Russian Steampipes and Airport UHI Disease
- At least one new scientific paper that will generate more than ten protest articles at WUWT
- At least one article by David Rose of the Daily Mail, misrepresenting Arctic sea ice
- Several articles by Judith Curry in which she urges no action to mitigate global warming, illogically - because of "uncertainty"
- No articles at Judith Curry's blog pronouncing the death of the stadium wave
- Several articles from Bob Tisdale at WUWT claiming it's not CO2, it's only warming because it's getting hotter
- A build up of protest at denier blogs as COP21 in Paris draws near.
Feel free to add your own predictions. If I remember (or if I'm reminded) we can look at them at the end of the year.