[I'm relieved that the weird slogans didn't put people off going to the march. (Who the heck thought them up? An activist from the 1960s? No, activists weren't that bad back then. A subversive wanting to mock the march, perhaps?)]Wow: enormous crowd for the Climate March today, just a week after the March for Science. People are fired up.pic.twitter.com/oz9PtdgpK3— Matt McDermott (@mattmfm) April 29, 2017
Many of Anthony's photos (archived here) are underexposed so it's hard to read the writing on the posters. It's not really hard to read the signals that Anthony Watts is sending, though. He's a fossil fuel advocate who wants his fans to end civilisation as soon as possible. Here is some of what Anthony Watts thinks is "crazy", with my comment in italics.
- Climate chaos is a healthcare crisis - does Anthony want a health care crisis?
- Green jobs not dirty coal - Anthony prefers dirty coal to jobs, and clean air and water
- There is no Planet B - has Anthony got another planet he's planning to move to?
- We (America) should be a leader in clean energy development - Anthony doesn't want America to be great. He is happy to let China take the lead in clean energy development.
- Presidenting ain't easy, acknowledging climate change is - Anthony finds it very hard to acknowledge climate change, or maybe he disagrees with Donald Trump
- In the name of humanity we refuse to accept a fascist America - Anthony thinks it's crazy to not accept a fascist America.
- Separate oil and state - Anthony wants the fossil fuel sector to run the USA.
- System change not climate change - Anthony wants the world to be harmed by climate change. He likes the Trump/Pruitt system that is polluting streams, "disappearing" climate information, and wrecking the environment.
- President Trump climate denier - I don't know why he thinks this sign is crazy. Anthony is a climate science denier and President Trump has denied it too. I thought he'd like that particular sign.
- Racial Justice - Climate Justice - That's easy. Anthony is against both racial justice and climate justice.
- 350 or bust - Anthony thinks it's crazy to want to mitigate climate change.
There are more signs of Anthony Watts' "crazy" at WUWT. One has to ask who is "crazy". The person who wants the world to burn or the people who don't?
I know that the anti-environment lobby group, CFACT, called for people to take photos at the climate marches. If these were the best they got, then they got no evidence of "madness", just a lot of people sensibly wanting to mitigate global warming. Craig Rucker wrote a plea for help at the climate marches. He wants to retain the politicisation of climate change:
CFACT will be on hand, and we need your help.Do Craig Rucker and other disinformers at CFACT really and truly believe that global warming would stop if only there were no people left in the world who understood what was happening? I don't think so. I think it's just as likely that he is just doing what he's paid to do. (Same as Anthony Watts is just doing what his fans want him to do.)
Earlier this week, I told you about our efforts to go right into the midst of these crowds – just like we did for last weekend’s “March for Science” – to chronicle the madness, conduct on-scene reporting, and provide desperately needed facts to the media, onlookers, and even the marchers themselves that refute the propaganda and slogans of the Green Climate-Left.
It’s critical we don’t cede the battleground to angry, ill-informed radicals. Americans must hear the other side.
From the WUWT comments
HotScot wouldn't wear 'open toed sandals', even when it's a record-tying 91 F, like it was in Washington for the climate march. He's scared he'd be mistaken for someone who cares about the environment on which we rely to survive. I guess he favours close toed sandals (is there any such thing?) to go with his closed mind.
April 29, 2017 at 8:51 am
Complete with the uniform of the ecoloons, open toed sandals.
Writing Observer thinks George Soros has been very busy. Writing Observer has a serious case of confirmation bias, because he thinks "just about every one" of these signs were made with "expensive four-color printing".
April 29, 2017 at 9:33 am
Just about every one of them with expensive four-color printing, too – lots of Soros cash going into this astroturf.
April 29, 2017 at 8:55 am
A parade of profoundly ignorant people are dangerous to society.
markl asks a reasonable question. Is it WUWT that's "loony" or is it the 99.9999% (everyone else in the real world) that's crazy?
April 29, 2017 at 10:59 am
Does the majority of the US population view these protesters as loonies or concerned citizens with a valid platform?
I'm guessing that charles the moderator is a white male supremacist, that is, a real Nazi sympathiser. (KKK material?)
April 29, 2017 at 11:09 am
Science was invented by white men. Any use of the Scientific method or discussion of scientific issues by, people of color, women, or the LGBTQASDFJKL community is: