While you're waiting for HotWhopper to crank up again, here is the link to Bert from Eltham's Large Magellanic Cloud photograph that he shared with HotWhopper for Christmas. Below is a shrunken version, which of course doesn't do the magical sky justice, you need to see the full sized image. It represents an awful lot of careful work (from Bert, not me.)
Below is a small section, full size:
- Astrograph is an Officina Stellare RH200 which has a focal length of 600mm and is F3. Clear aperture is 200mm.
- FLI Atlas Focuser.
- FLI ten position filter wheel CFW-3-10 with 50mm square filters.
- Astrodon E series LRGB and HA, NII, SII and OIII 3nm NB filters. Also a continuum filter 5nm.
- Camera is a FLI PL16803 which has a sensor size 36.8 X 36.8 mm.
- The FoV of this system is 3.5 X 3.5 degrees.
- Mount is a Software Bisque PMX.
Bert's links to his photographs are here.