While the leaders of the free and less free world have gathered in Paris to address the biggest problem the world is facing, there is nothing but schoolboy sniggers from deniers. You may remember sneering, sniggering lads or lasses in your class when you were at high school. The underachievers of low self-esteem who thought a leer, a forced swagger and a dab of Clearasil might get them the admiration they sought. These types were either ignored or scorned by the rest of the class, just as the world's leaders are ignoring the abysmal efforts by disinformers and deniers to make the world hotter instead of containing global warming.
So far at Eric Worrall's blog WUWT (previously run by Anthony Watts) the COP21 articles have been:
- an article about how the COP21 logo shares some similarities with the logo for Comedy Central - which Anthony Watts thought "laughable". Thing is, it wasn't the COP21 logo, it was the UNFCCC logo.
- a cartoon by Josh
- a promo for a tedious text from a timeworn trio at the Heartland Institute, an anti-environment lobby group in the USA. The tedious text was the usual denialist disinformation from one end to the other, full of contradictions, inconsistencies, logical fallacies, conspiracy theories and straight up disinformation.
- yet another "climate science is a hoax" conspiracy theory from Tim Ball, saying how the purpose of COP21 is to "subjugate and then eliminate" the leader of every nation in the world.
- an article about how it's estimated that 48 of the world's poorest countries will need to find $1 trillion to mitigate and adapt to climate change from 2020 to 2030. This is not a lot of money by world standards. It's about the amount that Australia is estimated to have squandered over a similar time frame during the mining boom this century.
- how Anthony Watts and Willis Eschenbach thought it "hilarious" that Naoko Ishii is quoted as saying "It’s time to get out of this negotiation rhetoric and focus on solutions, otherwise, in a hundred years, we’ll all be dead", in an article at Huffington Post. The article was about how "Women in the developing world are on the front lines of the climate crisis", but women are under-represented at climate talks.
- An article mocking Pope Francis, when, after being asked if Paris COP21 would "mark a turnaround in the fight against global warming", he was quoted as saying: "I am not sure, but I can say to you ‘now or never...Every year the problems are getting worse. We are at the limits. If I may use a strong word I would say that we are at the limits of suicide.“
Some achievements and underachievements so far at COP21
- Countries Pledge $10 Billion For Clean Energy Fund, known as Mission Innovation. 20 countries so far have signed up to, including the USA, India, China, the UK, Indonesia, and Australia. They have been joined by the Breakthrough Energy Coalition, comprising some of the world's richest people such as Bill Gates, Richard Branson, George Soros, Jeff Bezos, HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal from Saudi Arabia, Aliko Dangote from Nigeria, Jack Ma (Alibaba) from China, and many others.
- Although pledging support for Mission Innovation, Australia refuses to do its part elsewhere. As reported in an article at The Conversation, Australia is not committing to divesting from coal, and it's not supporting the Global Environment Facility to help the most vulnerable countries adapt to global warming. It has pledged to ratify the Kyoto commitment though it's not nearly enough.
From the WUWT comments
December 1, 2015 at 9:55 am
If Warmists are at their limits of suicide, then they should go ahead and get it over with. The world would be a better place.
December 1, 2015 at 10:31 am
I guess God is using him to slaughter people.
JRPort on the tedious tome from the timeworn trio from the Heartland Institute:
November 30, 2015 at 11:16 am
Thanks for your extraordinary efforts in battling the cancerous CAGW racket that has been so destructive to the world’s truly poor…
Ernest Bush is disturbed by climate science, perhaps certifiably so:
November 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm
When you are robber barons trying to steal the lives and fortunes of billions of people, treating them like so many cattle, damage to scientific credibility is such a small thing. Actually, they really don’t care.
Resourceguy, on the Josh cartoon, like many people, is more worried about his life savings than about the sixth major extinction:
November 30, 2015 at 10:19 am
No, this time the sell out of the middle class will be complete.
D.I. is a conspiracy theorist who thinks it's all a hoax and about money. (Deniers seem obsessed with money.)
November 30, 2015 at 3:47 pm
COP21= a bunch of scammers creating ‘Mass Hysteria’ for their own wealth.
Does George Tetley think this "thought" of his, on the Comedy Central article, makes him look clever?
November 30, 2015 at 9:17 am
Can I ask !!!! Who voted for these Mentally retarded idiots ( idiots, please excuse me, no offense meant ) Politicians employee Bureaucrats , they have a have a special Bureaucratic IQ test (0-2 ) they must be, the end all of stupid. 2+2 = ah, um, ( fingers out of pocket )
On the Huffington Post article (which was referred to at WUWT as HufkngtonfPost) Mark Gilbert's thought is an indication of his political views:
December 1, 2015 at 6:08 am
Huffpo. Should rename it Pravda
Alan Robertson has an aversion to climate science websites:
December 1, 2015 at 6:19 am
Poor Willis, keeping an eye on HuffPo. It’s a dirty job, but somebody else should watch SKS or RC (yes, they’re back) for other humorous doses. It would be too much to ask of one man.
Under the article about the needs of the most vulnerable nations, RH voices his conspiracy theory. RH has probably never heard of foreign aid:
December 1, 2015 at 3:19 am
It’s almost like the whole CAGW thing was always just a plot to impose an international tax on us.
Don Perry endorses the conspiracy theory of RH, and extends it:
December 1, 2015 at 6:51 am
“It’s almost like the whole CAGW thing was always just a plot to impose an international tax on us.”
Almost? That’s EXACTLY what it is; along with income redistribution, one-world government and the destruction of capitalism.
Ric Haldane has a novel "thought". He thinks the world has cooled, not warmed:
December 1, 2015 at 5:47 am (excerpt)
...Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention ‘Global Warming’ anymore, but just ‘Climate Change’ – you know why?
It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bullshitartists got caught with their pants down.
Ric must be looking at the global surface temperature chart upside down:
|Data source: GISS NASA|
You get the picture.