At WUWT the mood is sombre and dull and boring. There has been nothing of note for a while. You'd never know that Anthony Watts claims he is a "former AMS certified (Seal 676 retired) television meteorologist who spent 25 years on the air". He doesn't blog about weather these days. Instead there's the usual from the resident conspiracy theorist, Tim Ball (of One World Guvmint/New World Order nonsense), and various articles about why the Pope is wrong to accept science. These latter are a bit mixed up, with some saying that the Catholic Church should do a Galileo and reject science, and others complaining that he wants to rob the poor, and others saying he is a marxist and wanting to make the poor people of the world better off (horrors of horrors!) and one comment even claiming Pope Francis is a KGB sleeper agent.
At one point recently, Anthony branched out into national security and went all alarmist. He warned his readers to watch out for terrorist attacks on the Independence Day weekend, so quite a few of them unholstered their guns. This was the result. (Only a couple of readers said his article was crap.)
I think I've figured out what the problem is. Every time Anthony puts on his weather announcer's hat he quickly takes it off again. This is some of what he doesn't want his readers to read:
- In Saskatchewan, more than 5,000 people had to be evacuated as 51 towns, villages and reserves were threatened by fires in the northern part of the province - and more...
- Germany Marks Hottest Day In History
- Jeff Masters at Weather Underground reported the brutally hot conditions writing that "four nations have already set all-time July national heat records this month: the Netherlands, the U.K., Thailand, and Colombia".
- Closer to his home, announcers at KGW.com start off by saying: "Let's face it, this heat, it's just not normal..."
- And at Accuweather, they are reporting how the temperatures have soared in western USA, writing: "This is the equivalent of 15 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit above normal for early July".
- Sports news is no better, as Velo News reports the heatwave grips Tour de France start city.
Anthony daren't mention his home state of California, still in the grip of drought.
It's got so bad that officials in California are saying they need to undertake "what amounts to a giant replumbing project across the west".
Is it any wonder that all Anthony's got are fairy tales by Christopher Monckton, wacky conspiracy theories by Tim Ball, alarmist articles about ISIL, Bob Tisdale claiming that it's not warmer waters that are attracting sharks, and various other bits of nothingness.
With all this extreme weather, how can a climate science denier delay the bursting of the denier bubble? The answer seems to be to avoid writing anything about current weather, fill the blog with conspiracy theories and other nonsense, and hope like hell that WUWT fans will resist reading mainstream media.